Recent headlines have shown positive support and promoted the benefits of the use of virtual reality in senior care:
- How Virtual Reality is Brightening Up Dementia Patients Lives, Alzheimer's News Today
- This Physician is Using VR to Treat Patients of Dementia, The Washington Post
- Virtual Reality and Dementia Care, Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation
Per guidance to surveyors, providing care for residents living with dementia is an integral part of the person-centered environment, which is necessary to support a high quality of life with meaningful relationships and engagement.
Virtual Reality makes it possible to experience anything, anywhere, anytime. It is the most immersive type of reality technology and can convince the human brain that it is somewhere it is really not. It provides experience through sight and sound. Imagine the possibilities of providing relaxing environments where residents feel totally safe, like sitting on a park bench watching children play or sitting at the beach watching the waves roll in.
AssuredPartners and Risk Management Solutions (RMS) can assist facilities with meeting regulatory dementia care requirements by:
- Developing and implementing activities/programs to enhance quality of life for residents with dementia
- Assessing memory care unit environment
- Quality dementia care training
They will be traveling the country the second half of 2018 for the following events and welcome the opportunity to help your dementia residents experience the good ole days through virtual reality:
- July 15-19: FHCA (Florida Health Care Association) Annual Conference and Trade Show in Hollywood, FL
- August 28-30: LeadingAge Ohio Annual Conference and Trade Show in Columbus, OH
- October 17-19: NIC (National Investment Center) Fall Conference in Chicago, IL
- October 29-30: OALA (Ohio Assisted Living Association) Fall Conference & Trade Show in Columbus, OH
- November 13-15: KAHCF (Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities) Annual Meeting & Expo in Louisville, KY
We look forward to scheduling time to connect at our booth at these events to talk to our insurance and risk management experts about our best-in-class programs and services as well as our extensive in-house resources. To learn more, visit AssuredPartners Senior Living Risk Solutions.